Director of Product and Partner Management,
Retail Big Data Library – San Francisco, CA or
We are currently hiring a director level executive to bring additional thought leadership and operational excellence to our product marketing team. Focusing on PivotLink’s Retail Big Data Library (BDL) offering, this person will own and manage the strategic partnerships that enable BDL’s 3rd party and open source data feeds. This person will also own and manage the BDL product roadmap, pricing and packaging, and reference/demo data sets. Reporting directly to the CMO, this position works closely with the Director of Product Marketing to deliver sales enablement content, marketing content, and customer facing presentations and collateral.
- Understand our customers’ needs, our offerings to address those needs, and our go-to-market strategy around data content.
- Identify key 3rd party content providers to augment our customers’ 1st party data.
- Product strategy, product roadmap planning, customer validation, product pricing and packaging.
- Assess and enhance our alliances strategy to insure that we have just the right mix of partners to help us fully satisfy our customers’ needs and achieve our high growth objectives.
- Manage and maintain our existing strategic partner relationships, and identify, prioritize, and engage new partners according to our company strategy.
- Scale each of the target go-forward strategic partnerships across marketing, products, and the field so that we can achieve the goals outlined in the partner business case.
- Hold strategic partner report card sessions regularly – both internally and externally – at each appropriate level of management in order to track progress against our goals.
- Represent PivotLink at industry events (eg, user groups, sales kickoffs) and generally evangelize the company within the industry.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- 5-10 years experience in business development roles establishing and managing strategic alliance relationships
- Working knowledge of third party data sources and content that can be leveraged to improve customer analytics and segmentation.
- Track record of achieving strategic company objectives through alliance relationships.
- Track record of new product introduction success.
- Experience managing and closing complex, consultative strategic alliance relationships.
- Self-motivated and responsible individual who will represent the company with the highest levels of professionalism.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.com.
- Able to handle multiple priorities and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work well within a team environment as well as individually.
- Able to reach out and build relationships with personnel across our offices.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in business or a related field required.
- Travel required
Desired Job Qualifications:
- Experience in direct marketing, customer analytics, and/or customer segmentation strategies and best practices. Retail industry focus highly preferred.
- Experience creating strategic alliances (highly desired).
- Previous experience in related function such as sales, marketing, product management, solutions consulting.
- Results driven, ambitious individual.
- Intuitive/creative thinker.
- Technical undergraduate degree along with masters degree in business administration a major plus.
- Very comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment.
PivotLink is the leader in on-demand retail performance management applications for customer-centric retail and retail-related companies. Encompassing retail best practice reporting, customer performance analytics, and marketing optimization, PivotLink’s suite of retail applications and 3rd party content empower business users with actionable insights to serve their increasingly connected, mobile, omni-channel consumers. PivotLink is a privately held company backed by Trident Capital, Emergence Capital Partners, StarVest Partners and Pelion Venture Partners.
To apply, please send your resume (as a PDF) and a cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Business Development – SF.” Principals Only. PivotLink does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies, and is not responsible for fees associated with such submissions.??PivotLink Corp. is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted: May 14, 2012
Experience: Senior Level
Functions: Product Management, Business Development
Industries: Information Technology and Services, Internet, Computer Software, Retail