PivotLink Builds Momentum in Business Intelligence Market with Strong Customer Adoption, Analyst Coverage & Awards
Driving Innovation in Self-Service, Time-to-Value, Collaborative BI
San Francisco, Calif. – March 15, 2011 – PivotLink, the leading provider of business intelligence (BI) solutions delivered via Software as a Service (SaaS), today announced new customer wins, expanded customer deployments and positive industry recognition as the company increased its position in the SaaS BI market.
Highlights from the past 12 months include:
- Growing adoption: PivotLink’s customer base has grown 300% since 2008, with enterprises across industries selecting PivotLink’s SaaS BI platform and suite of ReadiMetrix solutions to power greater self-service, time-to-value and collaborative analytics across their companies and value chains. The company welcomes new customers demonstrating best-in-class examples of the new generation of business intelligence in the Cloud, including: Diamond Resorts, Starr Indemnity & Liability Company, DRT Manufacturing, LANDesk, Mark Logic, ECCO USA, RSM McGladrey, Adecco Group, Webroot Software, Mindjet, Nexant, Wine Management Systems, Freshpair, Fortify Software and others.
- Larger deployments: More than 20% of customers exceed 200 licensed users and 50% of existing customers grew their use of PivotLink in the past year, including the Canada and Latin America divisions of a leading apparel manufacturer that uses PivotLink for sales and purchasing analytics, and a global logistics and supply chain management services provider that expanded PivotLink to its critical parts call center. A recent press release on the “Intelligent Retailer” webinar with Aberdeen Group confirms similar plans by other users, noting, “Macys.com is looking to expand the usage of PivotLink to increase multichannel selling collaboration with our stores partners.”
- More data sources: 90% of customers access more than one data source, ranging from point of sales and inventory management systems to sales and marketing automation systems and industry benchmarking data.
- Strong revenue: PivotLink exited 2010 with revenue up 40% year over year.
- High customer satisfaction and loyalty: 95% renewals for year ending 2010.
Positive Recognition from Independent Industry Analysts
- PivotLink is included in the Gartner, Inc.’s January 2011 “Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence Platforms” report,* a global view of Gartner’s opinion of the software vendors that should be considered by organizations seeking to use business intelligence (BI) platforms to develop BI applications.
- PivotLink was highlighted in SMB Group’s “Top 10 SMB Technology Predictions for 2011” under “#6: The Transition to the Insight Economy Gets a Bit Easier.” According to SMB Group, survey respondents confirmed their number one technology challenge is “getting better business insights from the data we already have,” and “40% of medium businesses plan to spend more in this area in 2011.” Analyst Laurie McCabe added, “PivotLink earned a spot in our predictions as one of the on demand/SaaS BI solutions that is easy and inexpensive enough for many small businesses to use and get those important ‘aha moments’ from.”
Accolades Stack Up
- Named to the “2011 Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies” by JMP Securities, a full-service investment bank that provides equity research, institutional brokerage and investment banking services to public and private growth companies and their investors. Its report profiles leading private companies in the software industry based on evaluating financials, products and services, leadership, customers, and market potential. Only software companies that demonstrate excellence in their respective areas make the Hot 100 list. PivotLink has earned the Hot 100 award three consecutive years.
- The JMP Hot 100 award follows a wave of industry recognition for PivotLink and its customers, including the 2010 Computerworld Best Practices in Business Intelligence award for Distribution Market Advantage (finalist: “Improving Results through Cloud-Based BI.”). Other 2010 awards include the Top 100: Supply & Demand Chain Magazine; Intelligent Enterprise 2010 Editors’ Choice Award “Companies to Watch”; 100 Coolest Cloud Computing Products for 2010 by Everything Channel’s CRN; Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) 2010 CODiE Award finalist for “Best Business Intelligence and Knowledge Management Solution” and 2010 OnDemand Top 100.
“It’s rewarding to earn such strong validation from customers, partners and influencers as the market accelerates towards metrics-driven, self-service BI in the Cloud,” said Bob Kemper, Senior Vice President, Product Development, PivotLink. “There’s no better testament to the value PivotLink delivers for improving business insights than customers echoing benefits such as ease of use, performance and an integration-friendly platform in independent analyst reports.”
About PivotLink Corporation
PivotLink is the leader in on-demand business intelligence, serving customers such as: REI; Novell; Party City; CamelBak Products; Car Toys; Guardian Home Care Holdings, Inc; Rossignol; Shaklee; Taleo and Zones. PivotLink’s platform powers roughly 2,000,000 ad hoc reports and dashboards for more than 15,000 PivotLink users each month. Delivered as a Software as a Service (SaaS) model, PivotLink’s award-winning solutions put affordable, secure and easy-to-use analytic tools into the hands of line of business users, freeing IT to focus on strategic business initiatives. PivotLink is a privately held company backed by Trident Capital, Emergence Capital Partners and StarVest Partners. Visit www.pivotlink.com.
# # #
*Gartner “2011 Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence Platforms,” by Rita Sallam, James Richardson, John Hagerty, Bill Hostmann, 27 January, 2011.
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2011 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" Quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
PivotLink is a trademark of PivotLink Corporation. Other product and company names may be the trademarks of their respective owners. This press release is for informational purposes only and no offer to buy or solicitation of an offer to sell any securities is made hereby. The forward-looking statements in this release are subject to unknown risks and uncertainties and do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Actual results, performance or achievements of the company may differ materially from results, performance or achievements of the company expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements.